Thursday, May 8, 2008

Feeling a bit unsafe



Over the weekend I went on a road trip with a friend to a village in the mountains called Semonkong. The lodge in the town was lovely with amazing food, great staff, and a really good vibe. The drawing feature of Semonkong is a gorgeous waterfall which you can either hike to the bottom of or, if you are feeling adventurous, absail (repel) to the base of. Guess which I did? I am now the proud holder of a certificate testifying that I have done the highest commercial absail in the world, 204 meters. I was a bit worried that it would not be exciting, that having a full harness would cut into the adrenalin factor. I need not have worried, for after getting over the lip and finding myself hanging free ~600 ft from the base of a huge waterfall, I got quite a rush. See the little red dot in the second picture? That's me!

1 comment:

maria said...

super jealous! I've only done a 100m abseil ;)